Where Can I Buy Dahlia Tubers?
I know there are some dahlia lovers out there thinking about their garden this coming summer. Did you know that many cut flower farmers purchase their tubers the fall preceding the upcoming spring planting season? It’s true! You can still find dahlia tubers, e.g. at the big box stores, local cut flower growers that propagate theirs each year, and national suppliers as well.
Last year I bought some tubers from Peace of Heaven Flower Farm in Avon NY. If shopping local is important to you, check them out! They have a good selection that would be a beautiful addition to any garden. Last year they opened their online dahlia tuber store in early April. http://Peaceofheavenflowerfarm.com/
If you are looking for something really special, a bit harder to find, here are national suppliers that Fraylick Farms considers trusted sources – but remember, shop early in the fall for the upcoming spring for special varieties you desire!
1. Connell’s Dahlias: https://connells-dahlias.com/
2. Honken Dahlias: http://honkendahlias.com/
3. Summer Dreams: https://summerdreamsfarm.com/
4. Tall Grass Farms: https://www.tallgrass-farms.com/
5. Swan Island: https://www.dahlias.com/ (my go-to source!)
6. Five Forks Farms: https://www.fiveforkfarms.com/ (I’ve also used this farm for dahlias too!)
7. Coseytown Flowers: https://coseytownflowers.com/
8. Garden Bee Flower Farm: https://mygardenbee.com/
Would you rather pick up a local bouquet that include seasonal dahlias, typically about August and September? Signup for a CSA Flower Subscription, with pick up in Bergen, NY on Tuesdays (June thru September). We'd love to share our bounty with you! https://www.sosnflowers.com/flower-subscriptions